A Fellow is an AASP member who has achieved distinction through significant contributions to academic and professional practice knowledge in sport and exercise psychology.
AASP Fellows are conferred by the Fellow Review Committee who affirms that a member has achieved the following criteria.
Criteria to Become a Fellow
Deadline: March 1 each year
- Demonstrated high standards of professional development by committing directly to the goals and long-range activities of the Association as evidenced by activities such as presentations at Association conferences, membership on Association committees, and contributions to Association publications.
- A doctorate from an accredited institution in a field related to sport psychology.
- Been a member of the Association for at least three consecutive years.
- Made significant contributions to academic and professional practice knowledge in sport and exercise psychology as evidenced by a distinguished record of academic publications, applied publications, the development of outstanding educational materials and programs, and/or via major contributions to sport organizations (e.g. design, implement and sustain over times a sport psychology program in a National Sport Governing Body, influence sport policy at the nation or international level).
- Received approval by the Fellow Review Committee.
(Constitution Article IV Section 3)
Active, Inactive, and Emeritus Fellow Status
As stated in the Constitution, only active fellows and fellow emeriti can vote on issues relating to certification standards, ethical principles, and professional standards.
Active fellow status requires current AASP membership and attendance at an AASP conference within the last three years. Failure to meet these criteria will result in inactive fellow status.
Fellow Emeritus: Persons who have been an active fellow of AASP within five years of their retirement can apply to become a Fellow Emeritus of the organization.
|Heather Barber (2005)||Sean McCann (2009)|
|Bonnie Berger (1987)||Penny McCullagh (1992)|
|Britton Brewer (2004)||Rick McGuire (2010)|
|Charlie Brown (2010)||Maria Newton (2012)|
|Damon Burton (2003)||Ed O'Connor (2010)|
|Melissa Chase (2009)||Carole Oglesby (1987)|
|Karen Cogan (2004)||Al Petitpas (1993)|
|Steve Danish (1991)||Linda Petlichkoff (1995)|
|Hap Davis (2006)||Trent Petrie (2000)|
|Joan Duda (1988)||Ken Ravizza (1988)|
|Vicki Ebbeck (2004)||Glyn Roberts (1987)|
|Ed Etzel (2007)||Michael Sachs (1987)|
|Marty Ewing (2010)||Tara Scanlan (1987)|
|Leslee Fisher (2011)||John Silva (1987)|
|Frances Flint (2009)||Wesley Sime (1987)|
|Mary Fry (2009)||Robert Smith (1995)|
|Burt Giges (2006)||Frank Smoll (1988)|
|Diane Gill (1987)||Gloria Solomon (2001)|
|Daniel Gould (1987)||Gershon Tennenbaum (2006)|
|Joy Griffin (2002)||Judy Van Raalte (2002)|
|Bruce Hale (1996)||Robin Vealey (1989)|
|Evelyn Hall (1989)||Ralph Vernacchia (2001)|
|Stephanie Hanrahan (2010)||Jack Watson (2012)|
|Charles Hardy (1987)||Dan Weigand (2004)|
|Chris Harwood (2007)||Robert Weinberg (1987)|
|Kate Hays (2000)||Diane Wiese-Bjornstal (2002)|
|John Heil (1998)||Jean Williams (1987)|
|Ken Hodge (2012)||Craig Wrisberg (1998)|
|Dan Kirschenbaum (1987)||David Yukelson (1987)|
|Jack Lesyk (2011)||Sam Zizzi (2012)|
|Jeff Martin (2004)||Leonard Zaichkowsky (1988)|
|Scott Martin (2004)|
|Ian Maynard (2007)|
(year inducted as Fellow)
Updated August 2012