Invitation to Join the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)
If you are interested in applied sport psychology and are considering whether to join AASP, you might ask yourself these questions:
- Do I want to meet other professionals and students who are interested in sport psychology, to talk with them about their experiences and share with them some of my own?
- Do I want to learn more about the field and develop my research or consulting skills?
- Would I like to have the opportunity to present my ideas to others in a conference setting?
- Would I like to join an organization that reaches out and welcomes new members?
- Do I want to find out more about becoming an AASP certified consultant (CC-AASP)?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes,” you might want to explore the AASP website more fully. If your answer to most of the questions is “yes,” you are definitely in the right place.
Types of MembershipAASP offers the following types of memberships:
- Professional Member ($150 USD): Persons with a master's or doctoral degree from an accredited institution in a field related to sport psychology (e.g., exercise and sport science, kinesiology, psychology, counseling, etc.).
- Early Professional Member ($115 USD): Persons in the first or second year following completion of all requirements for a Master's or doctoral degree from an accredited institution in a field related to sport psychology (e.g., kinesiology, psychology, counseling, etc.). This transitional membership category is valid for two years and is not renewable.
- Affiliate Member ($100 USD): Any individual with an interest in the field of sport psychology that does not meet the requirements for Professional, Early Professional, or Student Membership in AASP. Persons qualifying for Affiliate membership may include, but are not limited to: athletes, exercisers, coaches, athletic trainers, personal trainers, youth sport parents, sport/coaching organizations, and fitness and health clubs. Affiliate Members would not be afforded voting rights or be eligible to hold office.
- Student Member ($90 USD): Persons enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program related to the field of sport psychology in an accredited institution.
- Developing Country Member (eligible for 50% off membership): Persons residing and working in Developing Countries, as defined annually by the World Bank, are eligible to receive a 50% discount on Student, Affiliate, Early Professional, and Professional membership fees. Contact the AASP office for more information on Developing Country Membership.
- Senior Member ($25 USD): Persons who have been a professional member for at least 15 years (does not need to be consecutive) and have reached the age of 65. To apply for Senior Membership status, please contact AASP President with your request including your name, birthday and how many years you have been an AASP Member.