Distinguished Applied Contribution Award
Funded by the AASP Foundation
The Distinguished Applied Contribution Award recognizes a book, video, webinar, etc. produced in the past year by an AASP member, which made a potentially significant contribution to education and/or practice in an area within the field. The recipient receives a $250 cash award, complimentary AASP Annual Conference registration in the year of the award, and a plaque presented at the conference.
Nominees must meet the following four criteria:
- Professional member of AASP;
- First author of the contribution (book/video/webinar/other source) if multiple authors;
- Resource has made a significant contribution to education and/or practice within the discipline;
- Resource was published or released during the past three years.
An AASP member may nominate or self-nominate for this award.
The nomination materials should include:
- A nomination letter.
- (This may be in the form of a self-statement if self-nominating.)
- Up to four letters of support from a variety of sources, including at least one each from:
- a professional in the field of sport and exercise psychology
- an end-user of the resource
Nomination and support letters should include detailed information about the contribution and the significance of effect on education and/or practice within sport, exercise, and performance psychology (e.g., number of copies sold, indication of how it has been used, prevalence in the field).
Applications will be evaluated by an odd-numbered (i.e., 3 or 5 member) subcommittee from the AASP Foundation, including at least one AASP student member.
*Deadline for this award: March 1 of each year.