Distinguished Master's Student Practice Award
The Distinguished Master's Student Practice Award recognizes a Master's student who demonstrates exceptional quality and innovation in delivering sport and exercise psychology services to the public. The recipient receives a check for $500, a waived AASP Annual Conference registration fee in the year of the award, and a plaque presented at the conference.
The recipient of the Distinguished Master's Student Practice Award must meet two criteria:
- Must be a student enrolled in a master's program at the time of the deadline for submissions, but does not have to be a student at the time the award is presented.
- Must be an AASP member at the time of submission and at the time the award is presented.
An AASP member must nominate the candidate for this award and serve as the candidate's sponsor. Self-nominations are also accepted, but would still require supervisor/mentor sponsorship.
Submission materials should include:
- A 2-3 page double-spaced description of the service delivery experience(s). Outline the following in your description (use these as subheadings):
- Description of the nature of the service delivery experience(s) being used for consideration of award (e.g., how did the opportunity come about, what was your role, how frequently did you deliver services, was it group or individual sessions, etc.)
- Description of the intervention/services provided, including if this was a novel intervention
- Discussion of the outcomes of the intervention/services provided
- Supporting references (peer-reviewed references that support your work and/or discussion of your work)
- Identification of how the work specifically related to the fulfillment of the master's degree requirements
- A consulting philosophy. Please limit this to a maximum of 2 pages.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of support:
- One letter from the student's AASP supervisor/mentor
- One letter from an AASP member who is involved in or knowledgeable about the student's delivery (may be another student or professional)
- Completed fillable pdf award application (note: all submission materials must be collated into ONE pdf file)
*Deadline for this award: March 1 of each year.