Distinguished Student Practice Award
The Distinguished Student Practice Award recognizes outstanding service delivery in sport and performance psychology by an AASP student member who demonstrates exceptional quality and innovation in delivering sport and performance psychology services to the public. The recipient receives a check for $500, a waived AASP Annual Conference registration fee in the year of the award, and a plaque presented at the conference.
Applicants for the Distinguished Student Practice Award must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be a student at the time of the deadline for submissions, but does not have to be a student at the time the award is presented;
- Must be an AASP member at the time of submission and at the time the award is presented.
- Must have at least 100 direct contact hours with clients with written verification from a supervisor (give general overview of the types of clients). Direct contact is defined by the hours in which you were face-to-face with an individual athlete, coach, team, exerciser, or client.
The application package should include:
- Two letters of support:
- One from an AASP professional member who is involved in, or knowledgeable about, your sport/exercise/health/performance consulting experiences
- One from the student’s supervisor who is involved in, or knowledgeable about, your sport/exercise/health/performance consulting experiences
- A 3-4 page description of a specific practitioner experience. Outline your consulting philosophy, nature of the problem, interventions, and outcomes (make sure there are no references to the identity of your client)
- Curriculum vitae
- Completed fillable PDF award application (note: all submission materials must be collated into ONE pdf file)
All nominations should be electronically submitted to email@example.com. All materials and letters of support must be received by March 1 of the award year.
*Deadline for this award: March 1 of each year.