Early Career Practitioner Award
Funded by the AASP Foundation
This award is designated for sport psychology practitioners who have recently entered into the applied field post-graduation. The purpose is to support those early in their career, a time that is often marked by financial instability as well as to recognize the difficulty of starting a new practice.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Professional member of AASP.
- Be an Early Career Practitioner (ECP), within seven years of obtaining her/his doctoral degree (or master’s degree with no intention of pursuing a doctoral degree).
- Have exhibited excellence in applied sport psychology practice.
Any AASP member may nominate (or self-nominate) an AASP member for this award.
The nomination materials should include:
- Detailed information about the person’s work within applied sport psychology.
- Submissions may be no more than two (2) pages single-spaced.
- Submission of a resume/curriculum vitae is required.
A three-person subcommittee from the AASP Foundation, including at least one AASP student member, will review the application(s).
A plaque, cash award of $250 (paid by AASPF) and waiver of the conference registration fee for that year’s conference (paid by AASPF) will be awarded at the Annual Conference.
*Deadline for this award: March 1 of each year.