The Master's Thesis Award recognizes the completion of an outstanding thesis by an AASP student member (thesis must have been completed between January 1 and December 31, 2018). The recipient receives a check for $500, a waived AASP Annual Conference registration fee in the year of the award, and a plaque awarded during the conference.
Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Completed a thesis on a topic related to sport, exercise, and/or health psychology between January 1 and December 31
- Membership in AASP for the application year and year preceding application
- Submit one copy of the entire thesis with a cover letter that includes contact information (current, permanent and email addresses) for the applicant.
- Provide one original (with author name and affiliation) and one blind (no reference to author or affiliation) copy of the abstract. The abstract (title and content) is limited to three single-spaced pages and should include the study purpose, method, results, and discussion.
- Include a letter of support (two pages maximum) from the chairperson of the thesis committee and a copy of the signed cover sheet (used by universities and signed by thesis committee members indication acceptance and completion of the thesis work) with the application.
No member(s) of the AASP Master's Thesis Award Committee will evaluate theses with which they have had involvement. The evaluative criteria equates to that used to review manuscripts for publication in the Journal of Applied Sport Psychology.
*Deadline for this award: March 1 of each year.
View the list of past Masters Thesis Award recipients