Now You See Me, Now You Don't: Appreciating the Context of Multiculturalism and Intersectionality Within the Framework of Sport and Exercise Psychology Consultations
If you already purchased this webinar, you can access the archive.
Otherwise, you can register for access to the archive.
Keep your confirmation email(s) as CEU documentation for AASP webinars and virtual conferences.
Session length is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
William Parham, PhD, ABPP, Loyola Marymount University
Carole Oglesby, PhD, Temple University - Emeritus
In this webinar, the presenters will discuss the importance and evolution of cultural understandings in relation to sport and sport psychology. Emphasis will be placed on identifying challenges and discussing strategies so that sport psychology consultants will consistently and effectively support safety, personal development and performance excellence in her/his practice.
Specifically, this webinar will cover:
- The necessity for surrendering to honest and ongoing intra-personal reflection
- Differences between Eurocentic and Ethnocentric perspectives
- Experiences including micro-aggressions and stereotype threat
- Issues related to sexuality including LGBTQi
- Factors that influence as well as impede meaningful and satisfying interpersonal and consultation relationships
Continuing Education Credit
K8: Diversity & Culture; Required CE area – Diversity
1.25 CE Credits
Students – $25.00
Members – $35.00
Non-members – $50.00
Register to access the archive