Red Pill, Blue Pill: Decoding the Matrix of Cultural Diversity & Inclusion
If you already purchased this webinar, you can access the archive.
Otherwise, you can register for access to the archive.
Keep your confirmation email(s) as CEU documentation for AASP webinars and virtual conferences.
Session length is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Leeja Carter, PhD, Long Island University-Brooklyn
Kensa Gunter, PsyD, CMPC, Private Practice, Atlanta, GA
In this webinar participants will briefly hear about the new required K8 criteria and the rationale for its inclusion in the new certification program. This webinar is designed to help participants think more critically about diversity and inclusive practice in their applied sport and exercise psychology work. Information about the benefits of attending to cultural diversity, challenges to inclusive practice, and ways in which attendees can become more culturally attentive will be discussed. Facilitators will share personal examples in their ongoing journey toward culturally inclusive practice.
- Discuss the rationale for including the K8 criteria in the new certification program.
- Define the inclusive practice
- Discuss the difference between diversity, social justice, and inclusion.
- Identify the barriers that hinder multicultural and ethical sport and exercise psychology practice.
- Identify methods for increasing cultural awareness and knowledge
Continuing Education Credit
K8: Diversity & Culture; Required CE area – Diversity
1.25 CE Credits
Students – $25.00
Members – $35.00
Non-members – $50.00