AASP 2021 to Be Completely Virtual
The In-Person Experience in Las Vegas has been cancelled.
September 3, 2021
After careful consideration and AASP member input, the AASP Executive Board has made the decision to move to a completely virtual Annual Conference, October 6-9.
Our reasons for cancelling the in-person event are two-fold:
- Health & Safety of Our Members – With COVID cases climbing and many employers enacting travel restrictions, we want to keep you and your families safe and healthy, doing our part to stop the spread of COVID and burden on healthcare workers.
- Quality In-Person Conference Programming – Over the past few days, it became apparent that AASP would not be able to produce a quality in-person event that our members have come to expect. The survey we sent earlier this week indicated that the vast majority of members were not planning to attend in person. In addition, we’ve been receiving multiple presentation changes from in-person to virtual daily, and two of our four keynote sessions have speakers who are now unable to travel.
Please be patient with us as we work through additional details. We wanted to share this decision with you as soon as possible. We will still have live virtual sessions Wednesday, October 6 – Saturday, October 9, and the schedule is forthcoming. You will receive an email once more information is available.
I was planning to present in person. What happens now?
Your presentation will be converted to an on demand, virtual presentation. Login information for the virtual platform was sent to all presenters on Wednesday, September 1. Please log in and complete your tasks by September 30. Record you presentation and upload it to the platform.
I was registered to attend in person and/or already booked travel. What should I do?
First, we apologize for the inconvenience of having to change your travel plans. We know you were excited to attend in person (we were too!). We hope you understand that this is the best decision for the health and safety of everyone involved.
- All in-person registrants will automatically be refunded the difference between the in-person and virtual conference fees. If you registered for an in-person CE Workshop, we will contact you with additional information.
- If you already made a hotel reservation through AASP's room block at Planet Hollywood, it will be cancelled for you. You will receive a cancellation email from the hotel next week. If you did not reserve at Planet Hollywood, please remember to cancel your room.
- Check with your airline about flights, as many are offering flexible rebooking or credit.
Our program was registered for the in-person Graduate Fair. Will we be refunded?
Yes, Graduate Fair fees will be refunded. The virtual Grad Fair will still take place, and there is no cost to participate. Registered programs will receive additional information via email.
We appreciate your patience and understanding, and look forward to a time when we can safely gather again. We are working to rebook Las Vegas for 2024, our next open conference year.