Professional Ethics and Standards in Sport Psychology
Online Course: June 14 - October 1, 2021
For the 10th consecutive year, AASP is offering a distance-learning course fulfilling the required knowledge area, K1: Professional Ethics and Standards of the CMPC Certification requirements. The program, which begins the week of June 8, is specifically geared to examine important ethical and legal issues that sport and exercise psychology professionals often encounter in their work as teachers, researchers, and practitioners.
Dr. Brandonn Harris, Program Director and Associate Professor of Sport and Exercise Psychology at Georgia Southern University and a Certified Mental Performance Consultant® (CMPC), will be the featured instructor. A final online exam will end the course. Tuition for the course is $995.
- Introduction to ethics
- Who are you? Competence, credentialing and the impaired professional/student
- Multiple relationships/attraction
- Research and teaching
- Diversity issues
- The law and the practice of Applied Sport Psychology
- Psychological assessment and testing
- Financial concerns in practice and business: Marketing your services
- Obligations to clients and protecting sensitive information: Confidentiality and privacy
The source material and textbook for this course is Ethical Issues in Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology (Etzel & Watson, 2014).
Please Note: This course is for continuing education and fulfills AASP prerequisites for certification, but is NOT offered for college or graduate credit.
- April 1: Registration Opens
- June 1: Registration Closes
- June 14: Course Begins
- September 10: Online Course End Date (13 weeks)
- September 17: Online Exam Open
- October 1: Online Exam Due
- Students will be able to access online course content at any time once they receive course access instructions.
- Course access instructions will be sent to students prior to the start of the course.
- The course is self-paced.
- The course was built online, so it is neither pre-recorded nor live; all the course material is online for students to read and interact with the instructor and other students.
- The instructor will primarily interact with students via the course platform. He is also available by phone and email on an as-needed basis.
- An online comprehensive exam will be open for an announced, limited period of time.
- Students who pass the exam will be provided with a certificate of completion.
If you have any questions, please contact AASP headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.