Ken Ravizza Performance Excellence Award
AASP's Ken Ravizza Performance Excellence Award recognizes individuals who embody exemplary psychological principles associated with performance excellence as demonstrated through consistent achievement, merit, or leadership over the course of their career.
- Demonstrated a record of performance that clearly distinguishes the individual as exceptional when compared to a group of contemporaries, or
- Exhibited an exceptional ability to perform at potential when it matters most or under inordinately adverse circumstances, or
- Demonstrated a record of being able to consistently influence individuals to maximize their potential through the use of psychological principles associated with performance excellence.
- The applicant has characterized the values and ethical practices that AASP promotes.
An AASP member may nominate a candidate for this award by November 1 of the year prior to the Award being given (i.e. November 1, 2020 for the 2021 award). The nomination should include a description of the nominee's accomplishments and a rationale for why AASP should confer the award. Nominations should be sent to the Executive Director who will then relay the nominations to the President-Elect. Successful selection requires 75% vote in favor by the Executive Board. In years that no nominee receives 75% of the vote, no award will be given.
- A plaque/award - given to the awardee at AASP's Annual Conference.
- A dedicated session at AASP's Annual Conference will be scheduled where the awardee will present insights into the psychological process that led to nomination for the award.
- The award is contingent upon an address given to the membership at the conference.
- Honoraria, travel costs to the annual conference, conference registration, and a hotel stay of up to 4 nights.
Deadline for this award: November 1 each year.
If you know someone who should be nominated, email us their name and a short rationale for why they should receive the award no later than November 1, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Kent Lindeman, AASP's Executive Director, at (317) 205-9225 or via email.