Regional Conference Grants
AASP is committed to supporting student-oriented professional meetings and awards up to eight grants to a maximum of $500 in value per year. The purpose for these grants is to supplement educational opportunities for graduate students and professionals within local level educational offerings as well as help host institutions defer costs associated with regional conferences (e.g., provide seed money) that promote student presentations and/or student-oriented sessions to discuss professional issues.
- Click here to review the AASP Regional Conference Grant Criteria.
- Click here to review the application instructions.
- Click here to access the 2019 AASP Regional Conference Grant Application (Google Form). Please review the criteria before submitting an application.
- Click here to view upcoming AASP Regional Conferences.
- Click here to view summaries from past AASP Regional Conferences.
AASP Regional Conference Grant Criteria
Grant applications must demonstrate that they:
- Serve a specific region of interested students and professionals
- Provide ample time for student presentations
- Promote student development. (Examples include workshops, meet and greet lunch hour, or professional development themed presentations.)
- Have a budget that is specific, appropriate, and that other funding sources have been investigated prior to applying for the grant.
- Have a student registration fee of no more than $50 USD*.
*If a student registration fee of more than $50 USD is indicated, justification for the increased fee is needed. For example, a host site may need to have a higher registration fee if space to hold the conference is not available for free. This needs to be highlighted in the Budget Justification portion of the application.
Please note that the grant application process is highly competitive, and AASP cannot guarantee full funding of each proposal received.
Obligations if proposal is funded:
- Applicant agrees to include the AASP logo in any print or electronic conference promotion materials, such as the conference program, schedule and PowerPoint slides.
- Conference organizers agree to acknowledge AASP's partnership at the conference during the opening and/or closing remarks and promote the following AASP Annual Conference.
- Grant money is not to be used for alcoholic beverages.
- Applicant agrees to list "AASP Regional Conference" within their program title for all conference and publication materials. If you are unsure about titling, please let your Student Representatives know so they can provide further clarification. (Examples: 25th Midwest Sport & Exercise Psychology Symposia: An AASP Midwest Regional Conference or AASP Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference: 17th Annual Northeast Atlantic Sport Psychology Conference)
- A final conference report and summary must be submitted to the current AASP Executive Board Student Representatives within one month of the conference. This report should include:
- A PDF of the final conference schedule/program
- A final itemized budget for the total sum of money that was granted
- Final number of conferences attendance that includes:
- A breakdown of the composition of attendees (the number of undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and professional members that attended)
- A list of schools/universities represented by attendees
- A brief one-page write-up of the conference proceedings that include:
- Highlight of the keynote address(es) and other speakers
- Brief summary of the programming that supported student development, such as particular workshops or networking opportunities
- Any other conference highlights
Please note that grants will be provided in US dollars or the equivalent amount for international recipients as determined by current conversion rates.
AASP Regional Conference Application Instructions
The grant application must be submitted through Google Forms. Follow through the online form and complete all required fields. We recommend having all of your responses prepared prior to beginning the application. You will not be able to save the application and return to it; however, in the event that you don't know the answer to a question, you may enter some text as a placeholder, and then you will have the opportunity to make any edits after initially submitting the application by following the link in the confirmation email. Please note that all applications will be considered final at the time of the deadline.
Responses to the following questions should be prepared to complete the application:
- Contact Information - Contact information for Student Coordinator and Hosting University
- Conference Information - Proposed Conference Dates, Anticipated Registration Fees, Expected Number of Attendees, Types of Conference Submissions, Anticipated Number of Presentations Geared Toward Student Development, Keynote Speaker Possibilities
- Conference Details - Conference Overview (one paragraph), Conference Promotion (1-2 paragraphs)
- Conference Budget - Income Items (up to 7), Expense Items (up to 10), Expense Total, Total Funding Requested from AASP (up to $500), Budget Justificaiton.
You may contact Stephanie Lander, AASP Membership & Communications Manager at email@example.com or (317) 205-9225 with any questions.
>> Click here to access the 2019 AASP Regional Conference Grant Application (Google Form).
The application deadline for the Regional Conference Grant is September 1st. Notification to all applicants will be sent shortly before the AASP Annual Conference, and winners will be highlighted at the awards ceremony during the conference.
2018 AASP Regional Conference Summaries
- AASP HBCU Regional Conference - Tallahassee, FL (Florida A&M University)
- AASP Southeast Regional Conference - Tallahassee, FL (Florida State University)
- AASP Canadian Regional Conference - Montreal, Canada
- AASP Midwest Regional Conference - Oxford, OH
- AASP Northeast Regional Conference - Springfield, MA
- AASP Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference - Philadelphia, PA
- AASP Southwest Regional Conference - Denver, CO
- AASP South Central Regional Conference - Denton, TX
2017 AASP Regional Conference Summaries
2016 AASP Regional Conference Summaries
2015 AASP Regional Conference Summaries
2015 AASP Regional Conference Grant Recipients
- AASP International Regional Conference - Loughborough, UK, February 21-22, 2015
- AASP Midwest Regional Conference - Muncie, IN, February 27 – 28, 2015
- AASP Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference - Philadelphia, PA, March 20 – 21, 2015
- AASP International Regional Conference - Ottawa, Canada, March 27 - 28, 2015
- AASP Midwest Regional Conference - Mankato, MN, March 27-28, 2015
- AASP Southwest Regional Conference - Denver, CO, March 27-28, 2015
- AASP Northeast Regional Conference - Springfield, MA, April 10-11, 2015
- AASP Southwest Regional Conference - Salt Lake City, UT, April 10-11, 2015
- AASP Pacific Northwest Regional Conference - Cheney, WA, April 10 - 11, 2015
- AASP South Central Regional Conference - Denton, TX, April 24 – 25, 2015
- AASP Southwest Regional Conference - Pleasant Hill, CA, May 15-17, 2015
2014 AASP Regional Conference Summaries
2014 AASP Regional Conference Grant Recipients
- Midwest Region: Minnesota State University - Mankato, February 21-22, 2014
- Midwest Region: Bowling Green State University, February 21-22, 2013
- Southeast Region: University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Knoxville, TN, February 28, 2014 - March 1, 2014
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference - Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, March 28 - 29, 2014
- Southwest Region: University of Denver, Denver, CO, April 3-5, 2014
- South Central Regional Conference - Denton, TX, April 25-26, 2014
2013 AASP Regional Conference Grant Recipients
- Mid-Atlantic Region: Temple University, April 5-6, 2013
- North Central Region: Minnesota State University-Mankato, February 22-23, 2013
- Southeast Region: Georgia Southern, Statesboro, GA, April 5-6, 2013
- Southwest Region: University of Denver, Denver, CO, April 5-6, 2013
- Midwest Sport and Exercise Psychology Symposium: Hope College,
February 15-16, 2013
2013 AASP Regional Conference Summaries