The Certification Council supports the ongoing professional development of its certificants. To support this purpose, the recertification requirements require continuing education and professional activities that enhance ongoing professional development, recognize learning opportunities, and provide a process for attaining and recording professional achievements.
To maintain use of the CMPC® credential, certification must be renewed every five years.
The recertification period occurs annually from September 1 to November 30. Recertification applications will only be accepted during that time (and during the late period December 1-31 with a $25 late fee and longer application review timeline).
- Payment of the $275 recertification fee. AASP'S Certification Program Manager will send approved exam taker information to Scantron once per week. Scantron will then email scheduling information directly to the recertification candidates.
- A completed recertification application, including a Continuing Education Units Log documenting CEUs accrued during the 5-year period and the corresponding CEU certificates for each activity. Click here for a listing of AASP webinars/virtual conferences that are eligible for CEUs.
- Verification that the CMPC® has passed the certification examination. Recertification applications will only be accepted if applicants have completed and successfully passed the exam. The exam need only be passed one time and is not required for subsequent recertification cycles after being initially passed.
- Please download the Certification Program Candidate Handbook for complete details regarding the recertification requirements.
- For additional information on scheduling your exam, taking the exam, and what to expect after the exam, click here.
- The CMPC® recertification application and the CE Activity Log are available on the Application Forms page.
Essential Guide for Mental Performance Consultants (E-Textbook)
AASP's Essential Guide for Mental Performance Consultants (MPCs) is available for purchase online. The resource, developed in partnership with Human Kinetics, is an interactive web text, complete with content, video, check-in exercises, quizzes, and a practice exam aimed at preparing candidates to sit for the CMPC® exam. The guide includes 14 chapters across 4 thematic sections that cover all the knowledge areas tested on the exam.