The Certification Council supports the ongoing professional development of its certificants. To support this purpose, the recertification requirements require continuing education and professional activities that enhance ongoing professional development, recognize learning opportunities, and provide a process for attaining and recording professional achievements.
To maintain use of the Certified Mental Performance Consultant® (CMPC) credential, certification must be renewed every five years.
The recertification period occurs annually from September 1 to November 30. Recertification applications will only be accepted during that time (and during the late period December 1-31 with a $25 late fee).
- Payment of the recertification application fee.
- A completed recertification application, including a Continuing Education Units Log documenting 75 CEUs accrued during the 5-year period and the corresponding CEU certificates for each activity, is uploaded through the Certemy platform. AASP will be transitioning to Certemy for application submission beginning with the 2023 renewal cycle. Click here for a listing of AASP webinars/virtual conferences that are eligible for CEUs.
How to Sign Into Our Online Application Submission Platform, Certemy, for the First Time
- Navigate to the new system login page at https://cmpc.certemy.com/entry/login. Bookmark this page for future reference.
- Create Password by clicking on Forgot Password. Then, provide the email that is on file with AASP. An email will be sent to you (make sure to check your inbox and spam folders) where you can create a password. After changing your password, navigate back to the login page and proceed to sign in.
- Complete Your Renewal Requirements. Once logged in, complete the steps (requirements) for your certification renewal. First, select the certification on the left side of your screen. Then click on any of the steps on the right side of your screen to view or complete the corresponding requirement. You’ll see the status (complete, partially completed, or incomplete) for each step along with the due date. Certemy will automatically send you email alerts as you approach the due date for an incomplete step.
- Log into the Certemy system at any time to continue updating and maintaining your CMPC recertification file.
- Each time you log in, you will see how many steps (requirements) you must still complete and when those steps (requirements) are due.
- The due dates assigned to each step will help you complete your renewal on time. You must complete all requirements by your certification expiration date to ensure timely renewal.
- Applications can be worked on in Certemy over the course of the year by the applicant; but, review will only begin after the on-time application window of September 1-November 30 has closed, with a second review occurring for the late applications submitted December 1-31.
- Do not upload your CE Activity Log until you are ready to upload the final version.
- The Digital Wallet is meant to be a storage tool for the applicant, this is not where the review team will review the CMPC's CEU documentation.
- Certemy is not compatible with Internet Explorer as this browser is no longer supported by Microsoft. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge to access the Certemy platform.
- Please download the Certification Program Candidate Handbook for complete details regarding the recertification requirements.
- If you are pursuing reinstatement and need to retest before applying, additional information on scheduling your exam, taking the exam, and what to expect after the exam, can be found here.
- The CMPC CE Activity Log is available on the Application Forms page.