The Certification Council supports the ongoing professional development of its certificants. To support this purpose, the recertification requirements require continuing education and professional activities that enhance ongoing professional development, recognize learning opportunities, and provide a process for attaining and recording professional achievements.
To maintain use of the CMPC® credential, certification must be renewed every five years. For certificants who are required to recertify between 2017-2021, a prorated system for the designated number of CEUs has been created based on the individual’s recertification year and can be found on pp. 44 of the Candidate Handbook. (2020 - 45 CEUs; 2021 - 60 CEUs)
The recertification period occurs annually from September 1 to November 30. Recertification applications will only be accepted during that time (and during the late period December 1-31 with a $25 late fee and longer application review timeline).
- Payment of the $275 recertification fee. AASP'S Certification Program Manager will send approved exam taker information to Scantron once per week. Scantron will then email scheduling information directly to the recertification candidates.
- A completed recertification application, including a Continuing Education Units Log documenting CEUs accrued during the 5-year period and the corresponding CEU certificates for each activity. Click here for a listing of AASP webinars/virtual conferences that are eligible for CEUs.
- Verification that the CMPC® has passed the certification examination. Recertification applications will only be accepted if applicants have completed and successfully passed the exam.
- Please download the Certification Program Candidate Handbook for complete details regarding the recertification requirements.
- For additional information on scheduling your exam, taking the exam, and what to expect after the exam, click here.
- The CMPC® recertification application and the CE Activity Log are available on the Application Forms page. Please note that all CEU documentation must be inserted into the application so that it matches the order of CE activities listed on the CE Activity Log. Failure to do so will result in your application being returned.