The Certification Council supports the ongoing professional development of its certificants. To support this purpose, the recertification requirements require continuing education and professional activities that enhance ongoing professional development, recognize learning opportunities, and provide a process for attaining and recording professional achievements.
To maintain use of the Certified Mental Performance Consultant® (CMPC) credential, certification must be renewed every five years.
The recertification period occurs annually from September 1 to November 30 (and during the late period December 1-31 with a $25 late fee).
- Payment of the CEU-based recertification application fee.
- A completed recertification application documenting 75 CEUs accrued during the 5-year period and the corresponding CEU certificates for each activity is uploaded through the Certemy platform. Click here for a listing of AASP webinars/virtual conferences that are eligible for CEUs.
Helpful Tips for Getting Started on Your CMPC Renewal Application in Certemy
Review the Certemy FAQ homepage here: https://certemy.com/user-guide-professional/
- Log into the Certemy system at any time to continue updating and maintaining your CMPC recertification file.
- Each time you log in, you will see how many steps (requirements) you must still complete and when those steps (requirements) are due.
- The due dates assigned to each step will help you complete your renewal on time. You must complete all requirements by your certification expiration date to ensure timely renewal.
- Applications can be worked on in advance of the application window opening on September 1 of the CMPC's designated renewal year as well. If you work ahead, please note review of applications will still begin shortly after the November 30 submission deadline has closed, with a second review of late applications submitted December 1-31 to follow.
- Certemy is not compatible with Internet Explorer. This browser is no longer supported by Microsoft. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge to access the Certemy platform.
- The CE Activity Log has been retired as of 2024 as a required part of the recertification process for CMPCs. We have made the old Log available as a tool for applicants to track their hours, here, but please note you do not have to use this form or upload it to Certemy to recertify.
- Please download the Certification Program Candidate Handbook for complete details regarding the recertification requirements.
What Will the Certemy System Let You Do?
- Start your renewal from our website.
- Complete your renewal online, using any phone or computer, 24/7, and see status indicators to help you stay on schedule to meet the requirements.
- Upload and manage your certification files and documents online in a Digital Wallet to keep all files in one location you can refer back to later.
- Receive email reminders that keep you on task so you never forget to complete a step.
- Receive email alerts when actions are taken on your submission by reviewers.
Final renewal decisions will still be emailed to applicants by the CMPC Certification Program Manager following the completion of the review process. You will also see a few auto-emails from Certemy while review is ongoing during the review process in your recertification year.
Continuing education (CE) documentation can be stored in the Digital Wallet in Certemy as you accrue hours; it serves as a storage space for the applicant to keep all your documents. CEU documentation will get uploaded to the corresponding CEU activity as you work through the various continuing education steps in Certemy.