Only for those recertifying in 2020:
- In light of COVID-19, the Certification Council has adjusted the CMPC® recertification period to now go from Sept. 1, 2020 - Jan. 31, 2021. This means the original application window of Sept. 1 - Nov. 30, 2020, with a late period being Dec. 1 - 31, will no longer be in effect for 2020 recertification candidates. Please note that should a candidate who is scheduled to recertify in 2020 submit their application materials after January 31, 2021, they would have to apply for reinstatement as outlined in the CMPC® Handbook.
- Traditionally, candidates cannot submit a recertification application until they have taken and passed their exam. However, the Council has now agreed to accept recertification applications during this extended period prior to passing the exam.
- AASP and the Certification Council recently established a new partner to support our exam development and exam administration process with Scantron. It is anticipated that the Scantron exam will be available to take Jan. 1, 2021 (possibly sooner as well). For those recertifying in 2020, this would give candidates a month to test online through Scantron if you are waiting for the ability to do so. Candidates will still be able to take the exam before the end of 2020 at a Pearson VUE testing center but are only able to do so in person. The Council also recognizes that should a candidate wait for online testing and then fail the exam, there may not be enough time to retest within the 90-day period designated for retests and still meet the new Jan. 31, 2021 extension deadline. Thus, the Council has agreed to waive the $50 reinstatement fee for a candidate who only needs to RETEST, but had in good faith initiated the recertification process which would now mean submitting your application fee, application materials (e.g. recertification application and CEUs), and attempting the exam before the Jan. 31, 2021 deadline. These individuals would still, however, move to Expired status on Feb. 1, 2021. If candidates do not take any action at all (i.e. submit application materials, attempt the exam) and do not contact AASP prior to Jan. 31, 2021, they would need to reinstate officially and pay the $50 fee.
The Certification Council supports the ongoing professional development of its certificants. To support this purpose, the recertification requirements require continuing education and professional activities that enhance ongoing professional development, recognize learning opportunities, and provide a process for attaining and recording professional achievements.
To maintain use of the CMPC® credential, certification must be renewed every five years. For certificants who are required to recertify between 2017-2021, a prorated system for the designated number of CEUs has been created based on the individual’s recertification year and can be found on pp. 44 of the Candidate Handbook. (2020 - 45 CEUs; 2021 - 60 CEUs)
The recertification period occurs annually from September 1 to November 30. Recertification applications will only be accepted during that time (and during the late period December 1-31 with a $25 late fee and longer application review timeline).
- Payment of the $275 recertification fee. AASP'S Certification Program Manager will email your code during business hours once payment is received.
- A completed recertification application, including a Continuing Education Units Log documenting CEUs accrued during the 5-year period and the corresponding CEU certificates for each activity. Click here for a listing of AASP webinars/virtual conferences that are eligible for CEUs.
- Verification that the CMPC® has passed the certification examination. Recertification applications will only be accepted if applicants have completed and successfully passed the exam. Update: Important CMPC Exam Delivery Information Pertaining to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Please download the Certification Program Candidate Handbook for complete details regarding the recertification requirements.
- For additional information on scheduling your exam, taking the exam, and what to expect after the exam, click here.
- The CMPC® recertification application and the CE Activity Log are available on the Application Forms page. Please note that all CEU documentation must be inserted into the application so that it matches the order of CE activities listed on the CE Activity Log. Failure to do so will result in your application being returned.