Distinguished Professional Practice Award
The Distinguished Professional Practice Award recognizes an AASP member who demonstrates exceptional quality, innovation, and impact in delivering sport and performance psychology services to the public. The recipient receives a $500 cash award, a waived AASP Annual Conference registration fee in the year of the award, and a plaque presented at the conference.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Sustained involvement in and meaningful contributions to both the science (e.g., published papers and/or professional practice articles that are theoretically relevant, describing novel ways of applying methods used to existing literature) and the practice of systematic sport and/or exercise psychology service delivery;
- Demonstrated quality, innovation, and impact of services that represent an exceptional practitioner-scholar model of professional practice;
- Significant impact on service recipients that enhances public interest in and appreciation for the field of sport and performance psychology;
- Membership in AASP for 3 consecutive years at the time of the nomination.
An AASP member must nominate the candidate for this award and serve as the candidate’s sponsor. The nomination materials include:
- A letter of nomination describing in specific detail the achievements of the candidate in relation to the three award criteria (3 pages maximum)
- Two (2) letters of support for the candidate specifically describing the quality and impact of the candidate’s work. These letters should be written by participants in the group/agency in which the candidate’s work has been focused (they should not be professional sport psychology colleagues)
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
*Deadline for this award: March 1 of each year.