AASP's Performance Excellence Award recognizes individuals who embody exemplary psychological principles associated with performance excellence as demonstrated through consistent achievement, merit or leadership over the course of their career.
- Demonstrated a record of performance that clearly distinguishes the individual as exceptional when compared to a group of contemporaries, or
- Exhibited an exceptional ability to perform at potential when it matters most or under inordinately adverse circumstances, or
- Demonstrated a record of being able to consistently influence individuals to maximize their potential through the use of psychological principles associated with performance excellence.
- The applicant has characterized the values and ethical practices that AASP promotes.
An AASP member may nominate a candidate for this award by November 1 of the year prior to the Award being given (i.e. November 1, 2018 for the 2019 award). The nomination should include a description of the nominee's accomplishments and a rationale for why AASP should confer the award. Nominations should be sent to the Executive Director who will then relay the nominations to the President-Elect. Successful selection requires 75% vote in favor by the Executive Board. In years that no nominee receives 75% of the vote, no award will be given.
- A plaque/award - given to the awardee at AASP's Annual Conference.
- A dedicated session at AASP's Annual Conference will be scheduled where the awardee will present insights into the psychological process that led to nomination for the award.
- The award is contingent upon an address given to the membership at the conference.
- Honoraria, travel costs to the annual conference, conference registration, and a hotel stay of up to 4 nights.
Deadline for this award: November 1 each year.