Sharing Knowledge Award
Funded by the AASP Foundation
This award is given to support a member of AASP who seeks to share knowledge developed in theory, research, and/or practice with another professional organization, such as the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Counseling Association, etc.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Student or Professional member of AASP.
- Be actively involved in sustained activities sharing the sharing information from applied sport psychology with another professional organization, such as the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Counseling Association, etc.
Any AASP member may nominate (or self-nominate) an AASP member for this award.
The nomination materials should include:
- Two letters of support. It is recommended that one of these letters be from a professional in the other field.
- Letters should demonstrate and include detailed information about the person's sustained activities in sharing knowledge with another professional association.
- Each letter for support may be no more than two (2) pages single-spaced.
- Submission of a resume/curriculum vitae is required.
A three-person subcommittee from the AASP Foundation, including at least one AASP student member, will review the application(s).
A plaque, cash award of $250 (paid by AASPF) and waiver of the conference registration fee for that year’s conference (paid by AASPF) will be awarded at the Annual Conference.
*Deadline for this award: March 1 of each year.