CMPC Review Prep Webinar I - Assessment of Individuals, Teams & Organizations
If you already purchased this webinar, you can access the archive.
Otherwise, you can register for access to the archive.
Keep your confirmation email(s) as CEU documentation for AASP webinars and virtual conferences.
Session length is 1 hour.
No CE credit is offered for this webinar.
Christopher Wagstaff, PhD, University of Portsmouth
Alessandro Quartiroli, PhD, CMPC, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
This webinar will cover an overview of assessment in the field of sport psychology. Particularly, the presenters will touch on why assessment is important, what to consider when you are engaged in the process of assessment, and various tools to use, including interviews, questionnaires, and observation. With interviews, they provide insights into approaches, tips, and skills to develop. They highlight crucial resources regarding questionnaires and address questionnaire selection, use, and myths. Additionally, they review the benefits of observation, ideas of what to look for, and provide resources for further learning. Finally, ethical and cultural considerations are presented.
Following the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Articulate the importance and benefits of assessment for sport psychology professionals;
- Better conduct interviews utilizing approaches, tips, and skills highlighted, such as motivational interviewing, formalized interview protocols, effective questioning, and active listening;
- Appropriately consider how to select and use various questionnaires for individual and team assessment;
- Better conduct observation of verbal and non-verbal behaviors;
- Engage in assessment in an ethically and culturally sound manner
Students – $25.00
Members – $35.00
Non-members – $50.00