The mission of AASP’s International Relations Committee (IRC) is to help promote the association outside of the United States among sport, exercise, and performance (SEP) trainees, professionals and scholars, as well as related SEP organizations. It is also charged with raising awareness of the work that AASP members and SEP individuals perform around the globe.
The IRC achieves its mission through:
- Assisting AASP in developing partnerships with related sport psychology organizations around the world.
- Representing AASP on the Sport Psychology Council (SPC).
- Identifying an International Scholar Award recipient who serves as an invited International Lecture at the annual Conference every two years.
- Raising the profile of international AASP members by promoting outstanding work and research via online communication platforms (newsletter, social media) and educational channels (webinars, annual conference).
- Identifying potential sites/hosts/partners for the annual International Regional Conferences.
- Collaborating with AASP leadership, committees, and special interest groups to develop campaigns designed to engage more international professionals and graduate student participation.
The International Relations Committee members are:
- Jana Fogaca (Brazil/USA), Chair
- Takehiro (Hiro) Iwatsuki (Japan/USA)
- Jean-Charles Lebeau (France/USA)
- Barbora Kijasová (Czech/USA)
- Takahiro Sato (USA/Japan)
- Cristina Rolo (Portugal/Netherlands)
- Adisa Haznadar (Bosnia and Herzegovina/USA)
- Seong Kwan Cho (Korea)
- Karen Lo (Hong Kong)
- Zeljka Vidic (USA/Croatia)
- Alan Chu (USA/Hong Kong)
- Damien Stewart (Australia)
- Yongchul Chung (Korea)
- Erick Arguello (Ecuador)
« Return to committee index