AASP Members in the News Submission Guidelines
MEMBERS: SUBMIT CONTENT
The purpose of collecting AASP Members in the News content is: (1) to highlight achievements and expertise of members while offering interesting and timely topics for online audiences through association media channels (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, newsletter, etc.); (2) potentially identify new spokespeople who can fulfill media requests related to their expertise and speak on behalf of AASP.
To submit AASP Members in the News content, you must be an AASP member.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Content Expectations
- Content should be applicable to and understood by one of AASP’s target audiences (athletes and other performers, coaches, and parents) and/or AASP membership.
- Suggested content ideas include, but are not limited to: sport psychology content featuring CMPCs or member practitioners, client “success” stories published by a news outlet, diversity-related sport psychology news, articles featuring published AASP-journal research, outcomes of AASP grant-funded projects, student blog posts related to regional conferences or grassroots initiatives, and onsite coverage from the AASP Annual Conference.
- When providing a summary of your content, please highlight the most important aspects of the media and how it is relevant to AASP and/or the field.
- Types of Content
- Members are encouraged to share links to media coverage, published research, event promotions and more for promotion on the AASP social channels.
- AASP will accept photos, engaging infographics or video clips to share on Instagram. The content should be high quality and be relevant for AASP members.
- Content Requirements
- Professionalism: Content should be professional in nature and follow the AASP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.
- Multimedia Content: Content submissions should include at least one image or video clip (2 minutes or shorter for use on Instagram) and may also include a linked audio/video clip.
- Clarity: Content and the summary you provide should be clear, coherent, and consistent throughout.
The submission form requests the following:
- Name, Title, and Affiliation
- Your Key Areas of Expertise
- Link to Content
- Summary of Content: (Please provide a few sentences or bullet points about your content and how it is relevant to AASP and/or the field of sport psychology.)
- File upload or link to image/video content
- Personal social media handles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Additional social media handles (for outlet, professional organization included, etc.)
- AASP Involvement (e.g., CMPC®, Committee/SIG membership)
EDITING AND PUBLISHING
If accepted, the summary you provide of your content will be utilized in crafting social media posts, newsletter content, and/or other media announcements. Edits may be made for spelling, grammar, and/or professionalism at AASP’s discretion.
Please contact Emily Schoenbaechler, AASP Certification & Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the submission guidelines.
SUBMIT YOUR CONTENT
Members can submit news content at any time. The submission form is also linked from the member dashboard under Publications: "AASP Members in the News: Submit Content."