IMPORTANT NOTE: You will not be able to submit an abstract until you have renewed your membership for 2019. All conference presenters must be current AASP members. Non-presenting authors DO NOT need to be members.
1. Click on the "Member Sign In" banner in the top right hand corner of the page to log in.
2. In the Member Dashboard, please select "Submit/Manage Conference Abstracts" under Member Management to submit or view previously submitted abstracts. Click the "New Submission" button to submit an abstract.
3. Enter your email address, select the submission type, topic area, and target audience; enter the presentation description (if applicable); check appropriate award boxes; enter the abstract title and text. (Click here for a list of abstract categories with descriptions.)
Travel or Young Researcher Awards: If you are a current Student or Early Professional member and would like to be considered for one of AASP's awards, please click on the appropriate box. Please do not check these boxes if you are a Professional, Affiliate or Senior member.
Past AASP Grant Recipient: If work described in your abstract was funded (fully or partially) by an AASP Grant, please check the corresponding box and indicate the year you were funded. This is for program acknowledgement purposes only. Projects fully or partially funded by AASP grants are not guaranteed spots on the conference program.
4. On the following page, you will automatically be listed as the first author and presenter. Use the top form on the page to add AASP member authors, and the bottom form for adding non-member authors. Authors can be moved up, down, removed, or marked as presenter by clicking the corresponding links. In order to present, you must be an AASP member. To request approval for a non-member to be added to your abstract as a presenter for a panel, workshop, or symposia, please contact Angie Fifer, AASP's Scientific Program Chair at email@example.com and indicate your abstract title, name of non-member presenter, the non-member presenter's title (i.e. coach, AD, athlete, other) and abstract text. You may simultaneously submit your abstract with the non-member as an author on the submission. Upon approval, AASP staff will add the non-member as a presenter to the abstract for publication in the program book and conference mobile site should it be accepted for presentation.
5. On the next page, please review your submission and make any necessary edits. This page will also allow you to add abstracts to a symposium.
6. When all required information is entered and correct, please read the agree to the following:
I understand that by clicking the submit button, I agree to the following terms:
At the bottom of the page and click "Finish Submission." You will then receive a confirmation email.
If an automated e-mail response acknowledging a submission is not received within 24 hours, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection of submissions by June 1, 2019.
POSSIBLE REASSIGNMENT OF PROPOSALS
To maximize the quality of the program and give as many people as possible the opportunity to present, a proposal may be reassigned to a different format. This is particularly true of lectures and posters. Authors have the right to decline any reassignment without penalty, if such notification is communicated to the Scientific Program Chair (email@example.com) by June 15, 2019.
The submission deadline is Monday, February 25, 2019, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.